SWR has received the highest ever Budgetary provision since its inception, the Hubballi headquartered zone has managed to get ₹6900 Crores towards Capital expenditure in the current financial year of 2022-23.
The Budgetary allocation is expected to provide huge impetus on expediting ongoing projects and the development of Infrastructure. It is also 43% higher than the last year’s allocation of ₹4900 Crores.
General Manager of SWR, Shri Sanjeev Kishore addressed a Press Conference at Rail Soudha in Hubballi. He informed that the Priority will be given to Complete the ongoing Line capacity and Route electrification works sanctioned earlier.
Speaking on the occasion he added that the “Budget 2022-23 has focused on prioritizing Connectivity, Safety, and Infusion of new technology encouraging Innovation. Immense thrust is laid upon Infrastructure development with an increased outlay of ₹6900 crores”.
₹611 Crores has been allotted to carry out Railway Electrification works in SWR limits. This is 24% higher than the previous year’s allocation of ₹492 Crores.
Infrastructure Development is given priority with New Lines and Doubling receiving a Budgetary provision of Rs. 2325 Cr. which is 57.8 % higher than the last year’s allocation.
For enhancement of Track and Road safety, ₹625 Crores has been allocated for Track renewals and ₹254 Crores for Road Over Bridge and Road Under Bridge (ROB/RUB).
Gathering momentum, 231.9 RKM in SWR has been electrified till date in the financial year of 2021-22. Another 200 RKM electrification is expected to be completed by March 2022.
By the end of March 2022, 204Km doubling is expected to be commissioned. From April 2021 till date, 17 manned Level Crossings have been eliminated by constructing ROB/RUB across SWR limits.
Budgetary provisions of various projects in SWR limits
- Dharwad – Belagavi New Line gets ₹20 Crores outlay.
- Gadag – Wadi new line received an allotment of ₹187 Crores.
- Shivamogga-Shikaripura-Ranebennur, Tumakuru-Chitradurga-Davangere, and Bagalkot-Kudachi new line have received ₹50 Crores each.
- Rayadurga-Tumakuru via Kalyanadurga has got ₹100 Crores.
- Hubballi – Chikkajajuru doubling project has been allotted with a grant of ₹210 Crores.
- Gadag-Kudgi-Hotgi Doubling Project has received a grant of ₹200 Crores.
- Quadrupling of Bengaluru-Whitefield will be expedited with a Budgetary grant of ₹100 Crores.
For strengthening the Railway network connecting Bengaluru from different directions, the following Doubling projects have also been prioritized:
- Yesvantpura-Chennasandra – ₹115 Crores.
- Yelahanka-Penukonda – ₹54 Crores.
- Penukonda-Dharmavaram- ₹60 Crores.
- Baiyyappanahalli-Hosur- ₹140 Crores.
- Arsikere-Tumakuru- ₹51.8 Crores.
With record allocation to Doubling and Electrification, major routes of SWR will be Decongested and provide a Quantum boost to the Connectivity.