There are 4 Medical Colleges in Hubballi Dharwad viz., Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences: Hubballi, SDM College of Medical Sciences: Dharwad, SDM College of Dental Sciences: Dharwad, Dharwad Institute of Mental Health And Neurosciences (DIMHANS), Dharwad.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi
Earlier known as the Karnataka Medical College, Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Hubballi was started in the year August 1957. It is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka.
For the initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present campus comprising 100 acres of land situated on HDBRTS Corridor, Hubballi.
The College offers degrees in MBBS, MD, and MS in various specialties, DM and MCH in the super specialties, and PG Diploma.
Courses offered by KIMS, Hubballi
- KIMS has an intake of 200 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) students (increased from 150 from 2019-20) and 100 B.Sc Nursing students.
- KIMS, Hubballi offers Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Physiology, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive & Social Medicine/ Community Medicine, Anaesthesiology, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Skin & Venereal Diseases, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Anatomy, Forensic Medicine, Biochemistry and Psychiatry.
- KIMS, Hubballi also offers Master of Surgery (MS) in ENT, General Surgery, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics.
SDM College of Medical Sciences, Dharwad
SDM Institute of Medical Sciences was established in the year 2003. It is spread over 65 acres of land, in a serene atmosphere.
The campus, apart from Medical College and Hospital, houses Nursing Institute and Physiotherapy College.
Courses offered by SDM College of Medical Sciences, Dharwad
- SDM Medical College, Dharwad has an intake of 100 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) students. The duration of the course is 4 ½ years of study and 1-year internship after passing the final year examination.
- SDM Medical College, Dharwad offers Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Radio-Diagnosis, Hospital Administration and Emergency Medicine.
- SDM Medical College, Dharwad offers Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology and Obstetrics and Gynaecology (OBG).
- Paramedical courses: Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) , Medical X-Ray Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Ophthalmic Technology and Dialysis Technology.
- Other Courses: Diploma in Nursing, Basic B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.), M.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) and Master of Physiotherapy (MPT).
SDM College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad
SDM College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad was founded in 1986. In 1987, a small dental hospital with 6 dental surgery chairs and units was commissioned in the Town Centre at Dharwad. Two years later in 1989 the hospital was expanded to include all clinical departments and shifted to a larger building.
In 1991, the College and Hospital were shifted to the new monumental building exclusively designed for Dental Education and Service.
Courses offered by SDM College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad
- SDMCDS offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) of four years duration plus one year of compulsory Rotatory Internship. The total Intake is 100
- SDMCDS also offers Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) in 9 Specialities viz., Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge, Periodontology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Public Health Dentistry, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology & Oral Microbiology, Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Oral Medicine and Radiology.
Dharwad Institute of Mental Health And Neurosciences, Dharwad
Dharwad Institute of Mental Health And Neurosciences (DIMHANS), Dharwad was started as ‘Lunatic Asylum’ in 1845 by the British Government in the midst of the lush green Vegetated land around 18 acres to take care of Mentally ill patients. In the year 1922, British Government declared Asylum as ‘Government Mental Hospital’
In the year 1979, the academic program Diploma in Psychological Medicine was started in collaboration with the Department of Psychology of Karnataka University, Dharwad.
On 15th October 2006, Shri. V S Acharya, Minister for Medical Education inaugurated the new building and recommended that it should become an autonomous Postgraduate Teaching Centre and it was renamed as Dharwad Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (DIMHANS).
Courses offered by DIMHANS, Dharwad
Dharwad Institute of Mental Health And Neurosciences (DIMHANS), Dharwad offers M.Sc in Psychiatric Nursing, MD in Psychiatry, M. Phil in Clinical Psychology, M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work, and Ph.D. in Nursing.
Pharmacy Colleges in Hubballi Dharwad
- KLE College of Pharmacy: Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
- Al-Falah College Of Pharmacy: Navanagar, Hubballi.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam College of Pharmacy: Eshwar Nagar, Hubballi
- Soniya Education Trust’s College of Pharmacy: Tejaswinagar, Dharwad.
- Shri Basaveshwara Institute of Pharmacy, Sattur, Dharwad.
Ayurvedic Colleges in Hubballi Dharwad
- Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya: Heggeri, Hubballi.
- Sanjeevini Ayurveda Medical College: Basaveshvara Nagara, Hubballi.
- Shri C. B. Guttal Ayurvedic Medical College: Mummigatti, Dharwad.
- Ayurvedic Medical College: UB Hills, Malmaddi, Dharwad.
- Mahaganapati Ayurvedic College, Hoysala Nagara, Dharwad.
- Jain AGM Ayurvedic Medical College: Varur, Hubballi.
Homoeopathic Colleges in Hubballi Dharwad
- Dr. B.D. Jatti Homoeopathic Medical College: Malmaddi, Dharwad.
- Moulana Azad Homoeopathic Medical College: Old Hubballi, Hubballi
- Karnataka Homeopathic Medical College: Vijaya Nagara, Hubballi
- Sri Sathya Sai College Of Homoeopathic Medical Science: Sattur, Dharwad
- AGM Homoeopathic Medical College: Varur, Hubballi