In a developing country like India, Industries play a Major Role in strengthening our Economy. Hubballi Dharwad is home to 30+ Large and Medium Scale Industries with an investment of up to ₹3,201 crores and around 29,000+ Small Scale Industries and Ancillary Units with an aggregated investment of around ₹950+ crores.
Hubballi Dharwad is home to Industries specialized in Automobile, Industrial Valves, Electrical Goods, Agricultural Equipments, Machine tools, Food Products, Spice processing, Cotton ginning, and Pressing, etc. While Dharwad is home to few major Automobile Industries such as Tata Motors, Tata MarcoPolo, Hitachi Construction Machinery, etc, Hubballi is home to few major Valve Manufacturing Companies and around 9,000+ Small Scale Industries.
Industrial Areas and Estates in Hubballi Dharwad
There are 8 Industrial areas and 5 Industrial Estates in Hubballi Dharwad. They are as follows
Invest Karnataka: Hubballi, 2020
The Government of Karnataka had arranged Invest Karnataka: Hubballi, 2020 Conference to attract industrial investments. The Conference saw investment proposals totaling ₹ 72,000 Crores, mostly in North Karnataka, by 51 companies.
Among the Tier-II cities, Hubballi-Dharwad managed to attract Investments up to ₹60,000 Crores, which is nearly 85% of the total investments proposed.
Some of the Major MoU’s signed at Invest Karnataka: Hubballi 2020 are as follows:
- Rajesh Exports Limited will invest ₹50,000 Crores for the Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles and Lithium-Ion cells and Batteries at Dharwad.
- Jettwings Aerospace Flight Training Institute, Dharwad at an investment of ₹2,060 Crores.
- Natcap Power, Hubballi with an investment of ₹3,000 Crores.
- Ayana Renewable Power, Hubballi with an investment of ₹3,000 Crores.
- UFlex, setting up flexible packaging film at Dharwad with an investment of ₹1,464 Crores.
- KLE Society, setting up a Medical College at Hubballi by KLE Society at a cost of ₹600 Crores
- Hightech Agriculum, Dharwad with an investment of ₹450 Crores.
- Avaada Energy, Dharwad with an investment of ₹300 Crores.
Bengaluru Mumbai Industrial Corridor (BMIC): Dharwad Node
The Bengaluru–Mumbai Economic Corridor (BMEC) is a proposed economic corridor in India between Mumbai and Bengaluru. The corridor is spread across the states of Karnataka and Maharashtra and passes through major cities such as Davanagere, Hubballi–Dharwad, Belagavi, and Pune, etc.
The land area estimated for the BMIC Dharwad Node development is around 14,585 Acres. Dharwad Node will be developed to make it globally competitive in Heavy Engineering, Automobiles, Auto and Engineering Ancillary, Aerospace, and Defence sectors. All these developments will make Hubballi-Dharwad the Flag-Bearer for the Industrial Growth in Karnataka.
Industrial Clusters in Hubballi Dharwad
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Cluster: Hubballi-Dharwad will be developed as a FMCG cluster for South India, generating an annual turnover of over ₹25,000 crores. The FMCG Cluster development will be proposed in three phases, with each phase comprising investments of ₹2,500 crores each from 50 FMCG companies (An Average Investment of ₹50 crores each). 500 Acres of land is reserved at Mummigatti for the development of the FMCG Cluster.
- Consumer Electronics and Durables Goods (CEDG) Cluster: Aequs SEZ Private Limited will develop a CEDG Cluster in Hubballi. The proposed industrial unit will comprise Warehouse facilities, Logistics Hub, Skill Development Centre, and other support services. Aequs has requested the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) for allotment and acquisition of 400-acre land in Ittigatti Village of Dharwad.
- Electronic System Design Manufacturing (ESDM) Cluster: Karnataka Innovation and Technology Services (KITS) of the Government of Karnataka, India Electronics and Semiconductors (IESA), and KLE Technological University, Hubballi will jointly establish the unique Incubation Centre Hubli ESDM Exchange (HEX) to support start-ups in ESDM areas. The center with 5,000 sq. ft of office space at the KLE Tech Park. The Tech Park will have a world-class ESDM Lab for Prototype, Electronics Enabling Lab (EEL), Maker Space and Tinkering Lab on its campus, and a Surface Mount Technology(SMT) line for validating Testing Machines in the vicinity. Deshpande Startups has also established an 8500 sq. ft state-of-art Hardware Manufacturing Facility – an ESDM Cluster at Hubballi in association with the Government of Karnataka & India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA). ESDM Cluster at Deshpande Startups offers Design, Prototype Development, Batch Production, Final Assembly Testing facilities, and modern-day technological Aids. Deshpande Startups has installed new generation fully Automated SMT facilities to handle Lead-Free processes.