Hubballi is the headquarters of North Western Karnataka Road Transport Corporation(NWKRTC). NWKRTC was established on 1st October 1997 under the provision of the Road Transport Corporation Act-1950.
The corporate office of NWKRTC is situated at Hubballi. 8 Division Headquarters are situated at Hubballi, Dharwad, Belagavi, Bagalkot, Gadag, Chikkodi, Sirsi, and Haveri. 48 Depots are functioning under the administrative control of respective Divisions. Regional Workshop at Hubballi is having a Bus Body Building Unit and a Regional Training Institute.
Bus services in Hubballi Dharwad
NWKRTC runs City Bus services in Hubballi and Dharwad. HDBRTS connects Hubballi and Dharwad by Chigari buses, NWKRTC also operates buses in between Hubballi and Dharwad. Besides Bendre Nagara Saarige operates buses in between Hubballi and Dharwad and few Intra-City routes in Dharwad.
Bus Terminals in Hubballi
There are 4 Bus Terminals in Hubballi. They are as follows
- HDBRTS Interchange: HDBRTS Interchange is a bus terminal built at Hosur to connect Long route buses, City buses, and BRTS buses in one place. Buses to Gadag, Koppal, Hospet, Bellary, Bagalkot, and Bijapur are being operated from here.
- City Bus Terminal(CBT): City bus services of Hubballi and BRTS services to Dharwad are operated from here.
- Old Bus Stand: Sub Urban, City buses, and HDBRTS buses are being operated from here. The old bus stand will be handed over to HDSCL to construct a new terminal and the bus services will be moved to HDBRTS Interchange.
- New Bus Stand: New Bus Stand, Hubballi is currently handling buses going towards Belagavi, Pune, Kolhapur, Goa, Shiradi, Mumbai, etc. Even Bengaluru and Mysuru bound buses are operated from here.
Bus Terminals in Dharwad
There are 4 Bus Terminals in Dharwad. They are as follows
- HDBRTS Terminal: Known as Mitra Samaja BRTS terminal, it is the main BRT Terminal of Dharwad. Both Express and Regular BRTS buses to Hubballi are operated from here.
- Sub Urban and Rural Bus Terminal: HDBRTS and NWKRTC have renovated the Old Bus stand of Dharwad to Sub Urban and Rural Bus Terminal. Suburban and Rural buses are operated from here.
- City Bus Terminal(CBT): City bus services of Dharwad city are operated from here.
- New Bus Stand: Long route buses are operated from here. Also, Regular BRTS buses(which stop at all stops) to Hubballi are operated from here.