North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) had resumed around 45% of bus services in its jurisdiction. As per NWKRTC, around 1,550 buses operated on 20th April (yesterday). The attendance of staff is increasing day by day and it is expected to be normalized in a day or two.
Bus Services started from different cities under NWKRTC
- Hubballi to Gadag, Laxmeshwar, Haveri, Shirahatti, Kalaghatagi, Sirsi, Dharwad, Belagavi, Karwar, Udupi, Vijayapura, Bagalkot, Davanagere, Hangal, Hulagur, Annigeri, and Nargund.
- Dharwad to Belagavi, Dandeli, Savadatti, and Haliyal.
- Belagavi to Hubballi, Dharwad, Nippani, Chikkodi, Yaragatti and Bailhongal.
- Haveri to Hubballi, Gadag, Ranebennur, Byadagi, Guttal, Laxmeshwar, Sirsi, and Hirekerur.
- Gadag to Hubballi, Bagalkot, Lakkundi, Navalgund, Hulkoti, Laxmeshwar, Ron, Mundaragi, Gajendragada and Shirahatti.
- Sirsi to Hubballi, Madgaon, Banavasi, Manipal, Karwar, Haveri, Sagara, Siddapura, Bhatkala, Halkarni, Karnataka Housing Board (KHB), Jaddigadde and Narayana Guru Nagara.
- Ranebennur to Davanagere, Shikaripura, Haveri, Hangal, Hubballi, Guttal, Harihar and Timmanakatti.
- Annigeri to Hubballi, Gadag and Navalgund.
- Kalaghatagi to Hubballi, Dharwad, Karwar, Yellapur, and Haliyal.
NWKRTC has already dismissed 242 staff including 114 trainees. They have also suspended 455 workers including 36 staff, 114 technical staff, 75 drivers, 74 conductors, 183 Driver cum Conductors for not attending duties.
The honorable High Court has also opined that the workers should not protest during the ongoing pandemic and expects transport workers to abandon the strike and return to duties immediately. North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation MD Shri Krishna Bajpai has requested the workers to attend the duties immediately.
Update: 21st April 2021
NWKRTC has resumed around 76% of bus services as of today i.e 21st April 2021. Among 1,707 departures, 1305 departures were operated (76.44%). For the last 3-4 days workers are voluntarily attending the duties by abandoning the strike. “100% of services will likely be restored by tomorrow,” said NWKRTC in a tweet here.