Karnataka has joined a long list of states that have imposed certain restrictions to contain the rising Covid-19 cases. Accordingly, Karnataka Government has decided to enforce Night Curfew and Weekend Curfew to put brakes on the unchecked progress of Coronavirus. The Curfew will begin at 9 PM today (21st April 2021) and will continue till 6 AM on 4th May 2021.
There has been a steep spike in the number of Covid-19 cases in Karnataka during the last 2 weeks. The State Government is taking all possible measures to contain the same. The situation warrants taking stringent containment measures to arrest the spread of COVID-19 in the State.
The state government has issued several guidelines to contain the spread of Covid-19 in Karnataka. The guidelines will be applicable from tomorrow till May 4th, 2021. Detailed guidelines on what is allowed and what is not allowed are given below.
Night Curfew and Weekend Curfew in Karnataka
Night Curfew is imposed on the entire State from 9 pm to 6 am as per the guidelines. There shall be Weekend Curfew from Friday 9 pm to Monday 6 am as per the guidelines given below.
- Schools. Colleges, Educational Training/ Coaching Institutions, etc. will remain closed. Online distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums. yoga centers, spas, sports complexes, stadia, swimming pools, entertainment/amusement parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places.
- Swimming pools approved by the Swimming Federation of India to be opened for sportspersons for training purposes only.
- All social political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious gathering/ other gatherings and large congregations.
- Stadia and playground are allowed for organizing sports events and practicing purpose, without spectators.
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed for the public. However, all personnel engaged in the service of the place of worship shall continue to perform their rituals and duties without involving any visitors.
- Restaurants and Eateries are permitted to operate and only Take Home (Parcel) is allowed.
- All construction activities, civil repair activities are permitted.
- Works pertaining to Pre-Monsoon preparation are permitted.
- All the above activities shall be permitted by strictly adhering to Covid appropriate behavior (CAB) as stipulated in the National Directives for Covid-19 management.
Industries, Commercial and Private establishments
- All Industries/Industrial Establishments/ production units are permitted to operate adhering to Covid Appropriate Behavior. The movement of staff shall be allowed by producing a valid ID/authorization establishment issued by concerned industries/industrial establishments.
- Shops, including ration shops (PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder are permitted.
- Wholesale Vegetable/Fruit/Flower markets shall be permitted to operate from open space/playgrounds strictly adhering to Covid Appropriate Behavior. The shifting process shall be completed by 23rd April.
- Restaurants and eateries permitted only for take away.
- Lodging Hotels are permitted with services for guests only.
- Standalone Liquor shops and outlets/Bars and Restaurants are permitted for Take Away only.
- All food processing and related industries are permitted to operate.
- Banks, insurance offices, and ATMs are permitted.
- Print and electronic media permitted.
- Delivery of all items through E-Commerce permitted.
- Capital and Debt market services and notified by the Securities and Exchange Board of India are permitted.
- Cold storage and warehousing services permitted.
- Barbershops/Salon/Beauty Parlours are permitted with strictly adhering to Covid-19 guidelines.
- All agriculture and allied activities are permitted outside containment zones.
- All health services including AYUSH and Veterinary hospitals) including pharmacies to remain fully functional outside containment zones.
- Marriages permitted strictly adhering to Covid Appropriate Behaviour with a maximum of 50 people.
- Cremation and Funerals to be allowed with a maximum of 20 people.
- There shall be unrestricted movement of all types of goods and cargo.
Inter-State and Intra-State movements
There shall be no restriction on Inter-State and Intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements. However, people coming from other states shall strictly adhere to the prevailing Guidelines/SOPS issued by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of Karnataka.
Movement of people is permitted
- Movement of people through Public transport (Metro, KSRTC, BMTC, NEKSRTC, NWSRTC, Private Buses, Trains, Taxis including cab aggregators (4 wheelers), Auto Rickshaw, etc, is permitted adhering to Covid Appropriate Behaviour.
- Number of people traveling in Buses, Cabs, Tempo travelers and Metro shall be 50% of the seating capacity and other vehicles shall be as per the seating capacity stipulated by the RTO.
- Unnecessary travel through a private vehicle should be avoided.
Guidelines for Night Curfew in Karnataka
- The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM during Night Curfew hours, except for essential activities.
- Patients and their attendants/persons requiring the emergency need for movement shall be allowed to move.
- All industries/companies which require operations at night shall be permitted to operate. Movement of employees of such organizations shall be allowed on producing valid ID card/authorization issued by their respective Organization/Institution.
- Employees and vehicles of Telecom and Internet Service providers. shall be allowed movement on producing valid ID cards issued by their respective organization/institution. Only essential staff/employees of IT and ITeS companies /organization shall Work from Office. Rest will work from home.
- Medical, emergency and essential services including pharmacies shall be fully functional and other commercial activities are prohibited.
- There shall be no restriction in the movement of all types of goods through trucks, goods vehicles, or any goods carriers, including empty vehicles. Home delivery of goods and operations of E-Commerce companies are allowed.
- Movement of long-distance night Bus services, Trains, and Air travel are permitted. Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators) to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminals/stops/stands are allowed, for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail and road. The movement will be allowed only on displaying valid travel documents/tickets.
Guidelines for Weekend Curfew in Karnataka
Along with Night Curfew, the Government of Karnataka is also enforcing the Weekend Curfew in Karnataka. As per the guidelines, Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between Friday 9 PM to Monday 6 am, except for Essential and Emergency activities as mentioned below
- All State and Central Government offices and their Autonomous Bodies, Corporations, etc, dealing with Emergency, Essential services, and Covid-19 containment and management duties shall be fully functional and officers/personnel of the same shall be allowed unrestricted movement.
- All Industries/Companies/Organizations dealing with emergency and essential services and requiring operations 24/7 shall be permitted to operate. Movement of employees of such organizations shall be allowed on producing valid ID cards issued by their respective Organization/Institution. However, to the extent possible, employees should be encouraged to work from home.
- Employees and vehicles of Telecom and Internet Service providers shall be allowed movement on producing valid ID cards issued by their respective organization/institution. Only essential staff/employees of IT and ITCS companies /organizations shall Work from Office. Rest will Work from Home.
- Patients and their attendants/persons requiring emergency need. eligible people intending to take vaccination shall be allowed movement with minimal proof.
- Only neighborhood shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat, and fish allowed to function from 6 am to 10 am. Home delivery of essential items shall be encouraged to minimize the movement of individuals outside their homes. Operations shall be subject to adhering to Covid Appropriate Behavior.
- Restaurant and eateries shall be allowed only for Take-away and Home Delivery.
- Movement of long-distance Bus services, Trains, and Air travel are permitted. Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles, and taxis (including cabs by aggregators) to and from airports, railway stations, and bus terminals/stops/stands is allowed for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail, and road. The movement will be allowed only on displaying valid travel documents/tickets and strictly adhering to Covid Appropriate Behavior.
- Marriages permitted strictly adhering to Covid Appropriate Behavior with a maximum of 50 people.
- Cremation/funerals to be allowed strictly adhering to COVID 19 appropriate with a maximum of 20 people.
- All Cinema halls, Shopping Malls, Gymnasiums, Sports complexes, Stadia, Swimming pools, Entertainment parks, Theatres, Bars and Auditoriums, Assembly halls, and similar places shall be closed.
- All Social/ Political/ Sports/ Entertainment/ Academic/ Cultural/ Religious gathering/ other gatherings and Large congregations are prohibited.
- All Religious places/ Places of worship shall be closed for the public. However, all personnel engaged in the service of the place of worship shall continue to perform their rituals and duties without involving any visitors.
- No Construction activity is permitted.