Hubballi Dharwad BRTS (HDBRTS) has won yet another award as the Most Preferred BRTS system in India. HDBRTS will receive the award at Urban Infra Awards-2022 on 7th November 2022.
The Urban Infra Communication, a leading and specialized Infra PR company has announced the names of winners of the 2nd Urban Infra Business Leadership Awards 2022 (#UrbanInfra2022 Awards).
The nominations were called in a total of 5 categories from the Corporate and Individuals engaged in Railways, Metros, Transportation, and Urban Infrastructure industry across India.
HDBRTS is a Bus Rapid Transit System connecting the twin cities of Hubballi and Dharwad. HDBRTS is a collaboration of the World Bank, the Government of Karnataka, NWKRTC, and the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
The trial run of HDBRTS was started on 2nd October 2018 and it was officially inaugurated by honorable Vice President of India Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu on 2nd February 2020. The total cost of the project is around ₹980 Crores.
Read more about HDBRTS: Overview of Hubballi Dharwad BRTS project.
HDBRTS operates 100 standard 12m BRT buses by Volvo UD. 25 Electric buses will also be part of the fleet soon. The BRTS corridor includes Segregated Bus Lanes, Access-Controlled bus stations, Off-board ticketing through Smart Cards and Bar-Coded paper tickets, Intelligent Transport System(ITS), etc.
In 2019, HDBRTS bagged the Union Government’s Best Urban Mass Transit project’ Award of Excellence. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs scrutinized projects from across India and based on the findings the panel declared HD-BRTS as the best Transit Project in the country.
Some of the awards to be given at the Urban Infra Awards-2022 are as follows:
- Most Preferred BRTS: Hubballi-Dharwad Bus Rapid Transit System Ltd (HDBRTS).
- Most Admired BRTS: Atal Indore City Transport Service Ltd.
- Most Eco-friendly BRTS: Ahmedabad Janmarg Limited.
- Most Innovative Bus Transit System: Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT).
- Excellence in Commuter-friendly Transit Operation: State Express Transport Corporation (SETC), Tamil Nadu.
- Most Admired Metro System of India: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Best Public Transporter of Silicon Valley: Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Sustainable Metro on PPP Modal: Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited.
- Innovator of Eco-friendly Metro System: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Emerging Metro Operator of the Year: Maha Mumbai Metro Operation Corporation Ltd.
Mamta Shah, MD & CEO at Urban Infra Communication said that “The Railway and Mobility industry forms a backbone of Infrastructural and Economic development of the Nation”.
“The Urban Infra Business Leadership Awards was conceptualized with an aim to accord recognition to individuals as well as corporate for their exemplary contribution to the Railway, Metros, Transportation and Urban Infrastructure Industry.” she added.