PC Mohan requested the same to Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw yesterday. Citing the reason that Bengaluru has inadequate long-distance Railway connectivity.
Some railfans have suggested a suitable timetable for the train. The train should depart Bengaluru at 11 PM and arrive at Hubballi at 5:30 AM.
The train should reach Madgaon at 10:30 AM, and then reach CST Mumbai by 7 PM. A similar timetable can be prepared for the return leg journey from Mumbai to Bengaluru.
Vistadome coaches can be added to the train between Hubballi and Madgaon to enjoy the beautiful views of the Doodhsagar waterfalls. The train will also act as an Intercity express between Hubballi and Madgaon.
Apart from it, he has also requested the Railway minister to run two more trains via Hubballi and Dharwad. They are as follows.
1) Bengaluru Ferozepur via Hubballi, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, and Jaipur. 2) Bengaluru Vereval via Hubballi, Dharwad, Belagavi, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad.
Minister of Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw was in Bengaluru yesterday. He inspected the Kempegowda International Airport halt railway station.
Ashwini Vaishnaw said that the Kempegowda International Airport halt railway station will play a key role in suburban trains in Bengaluru.
PC Mohan has also requested Ashwini Vaishnaw to speed up Bengaluru Cantonment- KR Puram – Whitefield quadrupling project.
“It will help in enhancing operational capacity and reduce the detention of trains at intermittent railway stations while benefitting nearly 62,000 commuters”. he added.
PC Mohan has also requested the Railway minister to immediately start 11 new trains from Bengaluru including the ones via Hubballi. They are as follows.
1) Shri Jagannath Dham Express from Bengaluru to Odisha, 2) Bengaluru-Amritsar via Secunderabad, New Delhi, Ambala, and Jalandhar, 3)Bengaluru-Dehradun via Secunderabad and Haridwar.
4) Bengaluru-Kalka via Secunderabad, New Delhi, Ambala, and Chandigarh, 5) Bengaluru-Ferozepur via Hubli, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, and Jaipur.
6) Bengaluru-Mumbai via Hubli, Madgaon, Sawantwadi Road, and Panvel, 7) Bengaluru-Rameshwaram via Madurai, 8) Bengaluru-Kathgodam via Lucknow.
9) Bengaluru-Veraval via Hubli, Belgaum, Mumbai, & Ahmedabad. 10) Bengaluru-Tirupati Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi, 11) Bengaluru-Mettupalayam via Coimbatore.