Karnataka Lockdown: Government has announced Statewide Lockdown from tomorrow (April 27th) from 9 PM until May 10th 6AM amidst increasing Covid-19 cases. CM BS Yediyurappa held a press conference a while ago to announce the same. All other restrictions stated in the Weekend Curfew and Night Curfew will continue to be effective in the state.
Karnataka Lockdown – List of services that will be Available and Prohibited
- Essential Groceries will be available from 6 AM to 10 AM.
- Public transport will not be allowed including Buses and Metros.
- Movement of goods including inter-state transport will be allowed.
- Agriculture, Manufacturing sector, Construction activities permitted.
- Garment factories will be prohibited from working.
The Karnataka Government has announced free vaccination to all between the ages of 18-44. CM BSY said that ‘The Central Government has announced vaccination of people between ages 18 to 44 from May 1 and the state government will give a free vaccine to all’.
The decision of Karnataka Lockdown comes just a day after Karnataka reported 34,804 fresh Covid-19 cases. Bengaluru alone had reported 20,733 fresh Covid-19 cases. At present, there are 2,62,162 active cases in Karnataka.