To be better prepared for the third wave of Covid-19 if there is any, the Karnataka government has constituted a high-level committee of medical experts.
The government will work proactively with the committee to Control, Contain and Manage the third wave, while we are actively trying to mitigate the second wave, said Dr. Ashwathnarayan, Deputy CM Government of Karnataka in a tweet here.
The expert committee will be headed by Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, Cardio Thoracic Surgeon at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru. Apart from him, 12 other medical experts from various medical institutions in Karnataka will be part of the team.
Members of the Expert Committee are as follows:
- Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty – Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru.
- Dr. Sathish Girimaji – Director NIMHANS Bengaluru.
- Dr. Basavaraj G.V – Medical superintendent, Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Bengaluru
- Dr. Ashish Sathapathy – Regional Team Leader, WHO, Bengaluru
- Dr. Ajaykumar – Oncologist, HCG, Bengaluru
- Dr. Arvind Shenoi – Paediatric, Cloudnine, Bengaluru
- Dr. Ranganath U – Paediatric, Sagar Institute, Bengaluru
- Dr. Jagadish Chinnappa – Paediatric Cluster head Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Srikanth JT – Paediatric, Pulmonologist, Aster Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Yogananda Reddy – Paediatrician – past IMA president, Ballari
- Dr. Vinod H Ratageri – Prof of Paediatrics, KIMS, Hubballi
- Dr. Prem K Menoy – Professor of Epidemiology & Community Health, St John’s Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. P.G. Girish – Director, Medical Education