Based on the advice of the Technical Advisory Committee on the Prevention of the Covid-19, The Government of Karnataka has decided to make some Modifications/Relaxations to the existing restrictions. The government has released Unlock guidelines for the state effective from June 14th, 6 AM.
There will be no changes in the existing Lockdown Guidelines for 11 districts whose positivity rate is comparatively high. The 11 districts where there will be no changes in the lockdown norms are as follows: Chikkamagaluru, Shimoga, Davanagere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi, and Kodagu.
The Unlock guidelines for other districts have been modified and some of the restrictions have been relaxed from June 14th. The relaxations are as follows:
- Essential stores will be open from 6 AM to 2 PM. (extended from 10 AM)
- Parks will be open from 5 AM to 10 AM for Walking/Jogging.
- Street Vendors will be allowed from 6 AM to 2 PM.
- Autos and Taxis will be available, but only two people can travel at a time.
- Industries will be allowed to open with 50% capacity, while the Garment industries can function with only 30% capacity.
- Construction activities are allowed from June 14th. Cement and Steel stores will also be allowed to open.
- Hotels will be allowed to open for Takeaways/Parcels only. Dine-in is not allowed as of now.
In all the districts, the Night curfew will be in effect from 7 PM to 5 AM. The Weekend Curfew will also be in effect in all the districts from 7 PM on Friday till 5 AM on Monday.