Shri Gajanan Mallya, GM SCR, with additional charge as GM SWR on his maiden visit to SWR today, held a review meeting with senior officers of the Headquarters and Hubballi Division. He reviewed the operational aspects of the Hubballi Yard which has been remodeled recently.
The yard is now equipped with double lines on all 3 sides i.e. towards Gadag (towards Vijayapura), Dharwad (towards Goa), and Bengaluru side. The yard is equipped with state-of-the-art Electronic Interlocking with 502 routes. Shri Mallya inspected the Station Master’s Panel Room, Signal Cabins, and the Yard.
Shri Gajanan Mallya GM SWR inspected remodeled Hubballi Yard and reviewed the progress of the Third entry to the Hubballi Railway Station. The project is executed at an approximate cost of Rs. 115 crores under the Chief Engineer Shri Prem Narayan of the Railways Construction Department.
SALIENT FEATURE OF HUBBALLI YARD (Commissioned on 24.02.2021)
- Existing Platform No. 1 has been extended linearly to create Platform No. 8 thus creating the longest platform length of 1505 m.
- The number of Platforms has been increased from Five to Eight.
- Doubling has been completed in all three directions i.e., towards Dharwad end, Bengaluru end & Gadag end.
- Yard remodeling involved dismantling of 47 numbers of Points & Crossings and Laying of 62 numbers of new Points & Crossings.
- The number of Mainlines has been increased from Two to Four.
- An additional 7.8 km of track has been added to the yard including two new Stabling Lines facilitating various movements.
- Additional Platform Shelter of 2888 sqm on Platform No. 6 and 5888 sqm on PF No. 7 & 8 has been provided.
- One limited height Subway has been provided to eliminate Level Crossings. New Pedestrian Subway has also been provided.
- The number of Routes in the existing yard has been increased from 350 to 502.
- Three new cabin buildings have been provided for Electronic Interlocking.
Divisional Railway Manager(DRM) Hubballi Shri Aravind Malkhede, and officers from the Operating, Commercial, Signal & Telecom, Engineering departments and others were present.