Established in 2015, the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad (IIIT, Dharwad) is an Institute of National Importance. It is a Public-Private-Partnership between the Ministry of Education-Government of India, the Government of Karnataka, and Keonics (Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Limited). IIIT, Dharwad is one of the 25 IIIT’s in the country.
Courses offered at IIIT, Dharwad
IIIT Dharwad offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) course in 3 disciplines
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- BTech in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
IIIT, Dharwad Transit Campus
IIIT Transit Campus is located at Information Technology(IT) Park, Hubballi which is at a walkable distance from Old Bus Stand, Hubballi, and Hosur Circle BRTS stop.
The Transit Campus is well equipped with CSE Laboratory, ECE Laboratory and Physics Laboratory. The Library has a collection of over 4000 volumes (500 titles) and subscribes to magazines and newspapers.
IIIT, Dharwad Permanent Campus
The permanent campus of IIIT is located at Ittigatti Road, Near Sattur Colony, Dharwad. Spraed across 60 acres land IIIT, Dharwad campus is well developed with modern designs and contemporary infrastructure.
The iconic Main Building with all the Administrative offices and Meeting rooms, a Spacious Knowledge Resources Centre, Data Centre, Digital Studio, Video-conference Room and Placement Centre. An Incubation Centre connecting the Main Block to the Multi-purpose Hall (at the second floor level).
A Multi-purpose Hall with a stage, An Indoor Basketball court and An Outdoor sports field with the seating capacity for about 600 people. A Health and Fitness Block with a Wellness Centre, Pharmacy, Well-equipped gym, Yoga room, Activity/Club rooms, Music room, Canteen, e-Bank, Salon and a small shop for essential supplies.
Academic Block will be built with large-sized classrooms and laboratories (to accommodate at least 80 students). The building will also have one 240-seater room and two 120-seater rooms. Overall, there will be 30 Classrooms/Labs spread across 5 floors.
- Boys Hostel: 200 rooms spread over 6 floors with Dining and common room(Reading, gaming, activities), Laundromats.
- Girls Hostel : 100 rooms and all the same features(Dining, Common, Laundromats) as the Boys Hostel, This building is being built by Infosys under CSR initiative.
How to reach IIIT, Dharwad
IIIT, Dharwad is well connected by Bus, Railways and Airport
- Nearest BRTS stop is at Sattur, Dharwad. A shuttle service will be arranged to IIIT Dharwad Campus from Sattur BRTS Stop.
- Nearest Railway station is at Dharwad. Hubballi junction nearby is well connected across many parts of India.
- Nearest Airport is at Hubballi. It is well connected to various places viz. Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Kannur, Kochi, Mumbai, Tirupati etc