Railway Board has issued Standard Operating Protocol SOP for Movement of Passengers by Trains. The guidelines may kindly be followed as mentioned below.
Booking and Cancellation of Tickets: Onboard booking by Ticket Checking staff of fully waiting list ticket shall not be permitted. Unreserved tickets (UTS) shall be permitted on limited trains on which the unreserved journey has been permitted.
Catering and Linen on Train:
- No catering charges shall be included in the fare. Pre-paid catering services in trains shall be disabled. However, Ready to Eat (RTE) meals, Packed items, Packaged drinking water bottles, Tea/Coffee/Beverages, etc shall be made available to passengers in trains.
- In addition, IRCTC shall enable catering services passengers through an E-Catering facility.
- Provision of Catering services in trains shall be subject to compliance with all Safety and Hygiene protocols issued by Government from time to time.
- No Linen, blankets, and curtains shall be provided inside the train.
Zonal Railways may advise passengers to carry their Linen for the train. The temperature inside AC coaches shall be suitably regulated for the purpose. For the convenience of the traveling passengers, Bedroll kit/items are available for purchase at all Multipurpose Stalls.
SOP for Movement of Passengers:
- Passengers with Fully Waitlisted tickets shall not be allowed to enter the Railway station.
- Zonal Railways to ensure that there are separate Entry and Exit gates at Railway stations to the extent feasible so that there is no face-to-face movement of passengers.
- Passengers shall be subject to Thermal Screening at the station. Only passengers who are found asymptomatic will be permitted to travel.
- All passengers should download and use the Aarogya Setu application. Passengers should carry Sanitizers during the journey.
- All passengers shall be wearing Face Covers/Masks at the Entry and during the travel. Any violation shall be dealt with in accordance with various rules/guidelines.
Passengers shall be advised to observe Social Distancing both during Boarding and Travel. All passengers to be advised that on arrival at their destinations, the traveling passengers will have to adhere to Health Protocols as are prescribed by the Destination state/UT.
As per Railway Board direction, Thermal Screening is being done at all major stations of Bengaluru, Mysuru, and Hubballi Divisions. Only Asymptomatic passengers will be permitted to travel. It is mandatory to wear Masks, observe all Covid-19 norms.