Dharwad district has seven Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) constituencies with a total of 15,07,414 eligible voters including 7,57,522 Males, 7,49,807 Females, and 85 Others, informed Dharwad DC Gurudatt Hegde.
As directed by the Election Commission of India, necessary preparations are being made to conduct Transparent, Free, Peaceful, and Impartial elections across all the constituencies of the district.
“Various teams have been formed, Officers have been appointed and Orders have been issued to carry out the election process in a systematic way” added District Election Officer Gurudatt Hegde.
Karnataka will undergo single-phase polling on May 10th, 2023. The counting of votes will be held on May 13th in the main building of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
The results of the Karnataka MLA elections 2023 will be announced on May 13th. The constituency-wise breakup of voters in the Dharwad district is as follows.
- Dharwad Constituency: Males-1,06,190. Women-1,05,142. Others-9. Total voters –2,11,341.
- Hubli-Dharwad East Constituency: Males-1,03,226. Women-1,04,199. Others-14. Total voters-2,07,439.
- Hubli-Dharwad Central Constituency: Male-1,21,872. Women-1,23,952. Others – 38. Total Voters – 2,45,862.
- Hubli-Dharwad West Constituency: Males-1,28,085. Women-1,31,736. Others-4. Total voters-2,59,825.
- Navalagund Assembly Constituency: Male-1,03,964, Female-1,01,407, Others-6. Total voters- 2,05,377.
- Kundagol Constituency: Male – 95,015. Women – 89,927. Others-7. Total voters -1,84,949.
- Kalaghatagi Constituency: Males-99170. Women-93444. Others-7. Total voters -1,92,621
A total of 1,636 polling booths have been set up in the district, including 944 in urban areas and 692 in rural areas. Out of these 216 polling stations have been marked as “Sensitive” and 162 polling stations have been identified as “Hyper Sensitive”.
Dharwad district has a total of 26,426 young voters, voting for the first time. There are 21,036 disabled voters. And there are about 32,301 senior voters aged 80 years and above.
The district had 16,902 youth voters during the 2018 Vidhan Sabha elections. The detailed schedule of the Karnataka election 2023 is as follows.
Date of Issue of Gazette notification: 13th April 2023 (Thursday), Last date of making nominations: 20th April 2023 (Thursday), Date of scrutiny of nominations: 21st April 2023 (Friday).
Last date for withdrawal of Candidatures: 24th April 2023 (Monday), Date of Poll: 10th May 2023 (Wednesday), Date of Counting or Karnataka election 2023 results date: 13th May 2023.