- Tender was invited for the Widening of Hubballi Dharwad bypass from Gabbur in Hubballi to Narendra Cross in Dharwad as a 6-lane expressway and 4-lane service road. Read more about it: ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ ಧಾರವಾಡ ಬೈಪಾಸ್ ರಸ್ತೆಯನ್ನು 6 ಪಥದ ಎಕ್ಸಪ್ರೆಸ್ ವೇ ಮಾಡಲು ಟೆಂಡರ್ ಆಹ್ವಾನ.
- Aequs Private Limited performed Bhoomi pooja for a new plant at the Hubballi Consumer Durable Goods Cluster (CEDG Cluster) on January 27th. The CEDG Cluster by Aequs is spread across 400 acres. Read more about it: Aequs broke ground for a new plant at Hubballi Consumer Durable Goods Cluster.
- Cold wave had gripped several parts of North Karnataka. Dharwad district has recorded a minimum temperature of 10.8°C, the coldest in the state on January 14. Read more about it: Dharwad district records 10.8°C, coldest in the state.
- Honeywell established the Global Center of Excellence for Affordable and Clean Energy (GCoE-ACE) at IIT Dharwad to boost research in Affordable and Clean Energy (ACE). Read more about it: Honeywell establishes Center of Excellence at IIT, Dharwad.
- The Government of Karnataka decided to set up Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) at Dharwad and Mysuru, an initiative by the Department of Electronics, IT, BT, S&T. Read more about it: Dharwad and Mysuru to get Electronics Manufacturing Cluster.
- Pune based Mylab Discovery Solutions tied up with Dharwad-based Shilpa Biologicals (a 100 percent subsidiary of Shilpa Medicare Ltd) to produce the Covid-19 vaccine at Dharwad. Read more about it: Dharwad firm to manufacture Covid-19 vaccine from March.
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari laid the Foundation stone for the much-awaited Widening of Hubli Dharwad bypass project on February 28. Read more about it: Foundation stone laid for the Widening of Hubli Dharwad bypass.
- Four cities in Karnataka will get an Institute of Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture (AIAC) soon. The institutes will be established in Dharwad, Mysuru, Davanagere, and Raichur. Read more about it: 4 cities in Karnataka to get Institute of Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture.
- The Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL) was established on March 6th at a building owned by North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) on Gokul Road, Hubballi. Read more about it: ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಾದೇಶಿಕ ನ್ಯಾಯ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯ ಉದ್ಘಾಟನೆ.
- Central team inspected the site suggested by the Karnataka government to establish the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Hubballi Dharwad. The site is near Itigatti. Read more about it: Site for AIIMS in Hubballi Dharwad inspected.
- Hubballi Dharwad will get Full Ring Road under BharatMala-2 project informed Union minister and Dharwad MP Pralhad Joshi. Read more about it: Hubballi Dharwad to get Full Ring Road under BharatMala-2.
- Hubballi Airport has managed to bag the ‘Best Airport Award’ under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) in the ‘Wings India 2022’ event held at Hyderabad on March 26. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport wins ‘Best Airport Award’ under RCS.
- Shri Siddharooda Swami (SSS) Hubballi Railway Station has become the first Railway Station in Karnataka to get the ‘Eat Right Station’ certificate by FSSAI. Read more about it: Hubballi Railway Station, first in Karnataka to get Eat Right Station certificate.
- Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) with the help of K-tech & Startup Karnataka has planned to make Hubballi the Karnataka‘s Artificial Intelligence (AI) hub. Read more about it: Hubballi to be Karnataka’s AI hub: KDEM.
- Hubballi Dharwad Municipal Corporation (HDMC) decided to form Ward committees within its limits. HDMC invited applications from the citizens to be part of it. Read more about it: HDMC invites Applications for Membership to Ward Committees.
- North Karnataka’s first ‘Metro Wholesale’ outlet opened in Hubballi on April 7th. Hubballi is the 3rd city in Karnataka to get ‘Metro Wholesale’ after Bengaluru and Tumakuru. Read more about it: North Karnataka’s first ‘Metro Wholesale’ outlet to opened in Hubballi.
- In a bid to facilitate passengers with reduced mobility, Airport Authority of India (AAI) commissioned the ‘Ambulift’ facility at the Hubballi Airport on April 11. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport gets ‘Ambulift’ facility.
- Mumbai-based Ekvi Air has won the bid to establish Flying Training Organization (FTO) in Hubballi Airport. Read more about it: Ekvi Air to be Hubballi Airport’s first FTO.
- ‘Smart market’ developed at Bengeri by Hubballi Dharwad Smart City Limited (HDSCL) built at a cost of ₹ 6.41 crores was inaugurated on April 18. Read more about it: Smart market at Bengeri to be inaugurated today.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru proposed a High Speed Rail (HSR) corridor from Yeshwantpura in Bengaluru to the Commercial Centre of North Karnataka, Hubballi. Read more about it: IISc proposes High Speed Rail from Bengaluru to Hubballi.
- India’s largest airline, IndiGo has started Hubballi to Hyderabad direct flight from April 27. The airline has deployed 78-seater ATR 72-600 aircraft in the sector. Read more about it: IndiGo starts Hubli to Hyderabad direct flight.
- Hubballi managed to get a Toy Train resembling a Bullet train at Mahatma Gandhi Park (Indira Gandhi Glass House) built by HDSCL at a cost of ₹4.2 Crores. Read more about it: Toy Train resembling Bullet train inaugurated in Hubballi.
- India’s largest airline, IndiGo started direct flights from Hubballi to Mangalore and Mysuru from May 1st and May 3rd respectively. The airline has deployed 78-seater ATR 72-600 aircraft in both of the sectors. Read more about it: IndiGo starts Hubballi to Mangaluru and Mysuru direct flight.
- Hubballi City has ranked 28th out of the 75 cities selected under the Smart Cities Mission. Hubballi has completed Stage 1 and has qualified for the Stage 2 of the India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2022. Read more about it: Hubballi ranks 28th in India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2022.
- One of the most convenient trains to reach Hubballi Dharwad from Bengaluru, the Rani Chennamma Express (Train number 16589) was speeded up by one hour on May 9th. Read more about it: Rani Chennamma Express speeded up by one hour.
- ‘Bhagavad Gita Jnanaloka’, Asia’s largest Museum on Bhagavad Gita was opened at Hubballi on May 15. Read more about it: Bhagavad Gita Jnanaloka to opened in Hubballi.
- Realizing the future potential of the EV segment, Karnataka Government has decided to set up 75 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Hubballi Dharwad at Government-owned locations under the PPP model. Read more about it: Hubballi Dharwad to get 75 EV Charging Stations.
- North West Karnataka Road Transportation Corporation (NWKRTC) started dedicated Airport buses to/from Hubballi Airport starting from June 3. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport gets dedicated Airport buses.
- Hubballi headquarterd South Western Railway (SWR) has managed to earn an Originating Passenger Revenue of ₹ 217.47 Crores (the highest earnings ever) in the month of May 2022. Read more about it: SWR earns the Highest Passenger Revenue in May 2022.
- IndiGo CarGo, the cargo division of India’s largest Airline IndiGo has opened its counter at the Outbound Cargo area of the Hubballi Airport’s Cargo terminal on June 16. Read more about it: IndiGo CarGo opens its counter at Cargo terminal of Hubballi Airport.
- A total of 101 Water bodies will be constructed/rejuvenated in the Dharwad district as part of the Amrit Sarovar Mission of the Union Government. Read more about it: 101 Water bodies of Dharwad district to be rejuvenated under Amrit Sarovar.
- Shri Siddharooda Swami (SSS) Hubballi Junction Railway Station will be redeveloped into a World-Class Passenger terminal. RFP was invited for the same by SWR. Read more about it: RFP invited for Integrated re-development of Hubballi Railway Station.
- Hubballi Dharwad Municipal Corporation (HDMC) has decided to install 500 Smart Poles/Streetlights across Hubballi Dharwad. Read more about it: Hubballi Dharwad to get 500 Smart Poles soon.
- The manufacturing and usage of Single use plastic was banned across Hubballi Dharwad from July 1. Read more about it: ಇಂದಿನಿಂದ ಏಕಬಳಕೆಯ ಪ್ಲಾಸ್ಟಿಕ್ ವಸ್ತುಗಳ ಉತ್ಪಾದನೆ, ಬಳಕೆ ನಿಷೇಧ.
- A Land Lease Agreement was signed between Hubballi Airport and Ekvi Air. As per AAI Bid document, FTO will be established at an area of 5000sq.m. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport and Ekvi Air sign Land Lease Agreement for FTO.
- Hubballi Dharwad will get 500 Smart Bus Shelters/Stops. Both Hubballi and Dharwad cities will get 250 each Bus Shelters. Read more about it: Hubballi Dharwad to get 500 Smart Bus Shelters.
- Hubballi Dharwad will soon have a full ring road (or bypass). RFP was invited for DPR preparation of Kusugal to Narendra bypass, Part of Full Ring Road. Read more about it: RFP invited for DPR preparation of Kusugal to Narendra bypass: Part of Full Ring Road.
- August 1st, 2022: The day will be etched forever in the history of North Karnataka. Tech giant Infosys formally started operations from its Hubballi Development Center. Read more about it: Infosys starts operations from Hubballi DC.
- A full-fledged Integrated Sports Complex is coming up at Murarji Nagar in Hubballi. Hubballi Dharwad Smart City Limited (HDSCL) is constructing the Sports Complex at a cost of around ₹127.59 Crores. Read more about it: Integrated Sports Complex coming up in Hubballi.
- Hubballi Airport has bagged 19th place among 55 Airports in Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS). Hubballi Airport has secured a Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) of 4.68 making it the best airport of North Karnataka. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport ranked 19th in Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Hubballi is going to get it’s second PVR Multiplex at Akshay Sky Mall in Gokul Road, Hubballi. Read more about it: Hubballi to get it’s second PVR Multiplex soon.
- Infosys started direct recruitment at its Hubballi Development Center (DC) on August 19. Infy has started hiring for the position of Aerospace Engineer and Java Developer at Hubballi. Read more about it: Infosys starts Direct recruitment at its Hubballi campus.
- Hubballi hosted India-A vs New Zealand-A International Test cricket match from September 8th to September 11th at KSCA Stadium at Hubballi. Read more about it: Hubballi to host India-A vs New Zealand-A Cricket Match.
- 90% of the land required for the widening of Hubballi Dharwad Bypass is readily available, said Union Minister and Dharwad MP Pralhad Joshi. Read more about it: Land required for Widening of Hubballi Dharwad Bypass is readily available.
- South Western Railway (SWR) has floated the tender to develop the infrastructure for homing 50 Electric locomotives at the Diesel Loco Shed, Hubballi (DLS UBL). Read more about it: Tenders called for homing 50 Electric locomotives in Hubballi.
- IIIT Dharwad has developed a Multilingual voice translation robot to translate the tribal languages to English. Read more about it: ಐಐಐಟಿ ಧಾರವಾಡದಿಂದ ಧ್ವನಿ ಅನುವಾದ ಮಾಡುವ ರೋಬೋಟ್ ಸಿದ್ದ.
- Hubballi Airport has managed to regain 3rd place as far as Number of passengers is concerned (in August-2022). Read more about it: Hubballi Airport regains 3rd place in Karnataka.
- ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ ಧಾರವಾಡ ಮಹಾನಗರ ಪಾಲಿಕೆಯ ವತಿಯಿಂದ ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿಯ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಜಿಮ್ಖಾನಾ ಮೈದಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾನ್ಯ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿಗಳಾದ ಶ್ರೀಮತಿ ದ್ರೌಪದಿ ಮುರ್ಮು ಅವರಿಗೆ ಪೌರಸನ್ಮಾನ ನೀಡಲಾಯಿತು. Read more about it: ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿ ಧಾರವಾಡ ಮಹಾನಗರ ಪಾಲಿಕೆಯಿಂದ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಪೌರಸನ್ಮಾನ.
- The first citizen of India, President Smt. Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Dharwad campus on September 26. Read more about it: President Droupadi Murmu inaugurates IIIT Dharwad.
- 6 major Railway stations in Karnataka including SSS Hubballi Junction are all set to get a makeover. The makeover will convert them into a World class railway terminal. Read more about it: 6 Railway stations of Karnataka including Hubballi to get a makeover.
- Hubballi Dharwad has managed to get 61st rank at the national level in the Swacch Survekshan Survey-2022 conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. Read more about it: Hubballi Dharwad is the 61st cleanest city in India.
- Hubballi Dharwad BRTS (HDBRTS) won yet another award as the Most Preferred BRTS system in India. HDBRTS received the award at Urban Infra Awards-2022 on 7th November 2022. Read more about it: HDBRTS wins another award as the Most Preferred BRTS.
- Minister of Railways, Communications, Electronics and Information Technology Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated the renovated Dharwad Railway Station on 11th October. Read more about it: Renovated Dharwad Railway Station inaugurated.
- Minister of Railways, Communication, Electronics and Information Technology Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw flagged off Hubballi to Delhi (Hazrat Nizamuddin) Superfast express train on 11th October. Read more about it: Railway Minister flags off Hubballi Delhi Superfast train.
- India’s largest airline IndiGo decided to start Hubballi to Delhi direct flight from 14th November. Read more about it: IndiGo to start Hubballi Delhi direct flight from 14th November.
- Rishi Sunak, the 42-year-old who got selected as United Kingdom’s new Prime Minister has a special connection with Hubballi. Read more about it: Hubballi’s son-in-law Rishi Sunak becomes United Kingdom’s new PM.
- Hubballi Airport, one of the busiest airports of North Karnataka has another feather in its cap. The airport has become one of the leading contributors to the Mission Sugam. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport, a leading contributor to Mission Sugam.
- 16 companies came forward to sign MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to invest in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) cluster planned at Hubballi Dharwad on October 28. Read more about it: 16 companies sign MoU for FMCG cluster at Hubballi Dharwad.
- Government of Karnataka, in association with IRCTC announced Karnataka’s first Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshana train via Hubballi. Read more about it: Karnataka’s first Bharat Gaurav Kashi Yatra train announced via Hubballi.
- DGCA released the Winter Schedule 2022 for Domestic flight operations. IndiGo added a direct Delhi flight from Hubballi Airport (Airbus A320) with effective from 14th November. Read more about it: DGCA releases Winter Schedule 2022, Hubballi gets Delhi flight.
- Hubballi co-hosted Global Tech Advocates (GTA) summit alongside with Bengaluru and Mumbai. Read more about it: Hubballi to co-host Global Tech Advocates Summit.
- India’s largest airline IndiGo has started direct flight in between the national capital Delhi and Hubballi from November 14. Read more about it: IndiGo starts Hubballi to Delhi direct flight.
- NWKRTC decided to provide city bus services to the 3rd entry of the Shri Siddharooda Swamiji Hubballi Junction Railway Station located at Mantur Road on November 16. Read more about it: NWKRTC to provide Bus service to 3rd entry of Hubballi Railway Station.
- Speaking at the 25th edition of Bengaluru Tech Summit, Chief Minister of Karnataka Basavaraj Bommai announced that Six new High-tech cities will be built in Karnataka including one at Hubballi Dharwad. Read more about it: 6 High-tech cities including Hubballi Dharwad to come in Karnataka.
- Karnataka Government started a Divisional Office of International Migration Center at Rayapur in Dharwad Taluk under the Department of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood. Read more about it: ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂತರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ವಲಸೆ ಕೇಂದ್ರದ ವಿಭಾಗೀಯ ಕಚೇರಿ ಆರಂಭ.
- The industry fraternity has recommended the upgradation of the Hubballi Airport as an International Airport to assist the growth of Hubballi Dharwad Belagavi cluster. Read more about it: Industry recommends International Airport at Hubballi.
- Hubballi Airport has become Karnataka’s first 100% Green Airport as it commissioned 8 MWp (8000 KWp) Grid Connected Solar Power Plant situated within the Airport premises. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport is Karnataka’s first Green Airport.
- Engineering wing of Health and Family Welfare department has called tenders for the construction of the Regional centre of Jayadeva Hospital and Research Organization at Hubballi. Read more about it: Tender called for the Construction of Jayadeva Hospital at Hubballi.
- Aequs and KLE Technological University (KLE Tech) have come together to establish the Aequs Innovation Centre (AIC) at KLE Technological University, Hubballi. Read more about it: Aequs, KLE Technological University to set up Aequs Innovation Centre (AIC) in Hubballi.
- Airport Authority of India (AAI’s) Hubballi Airport has invited tenders for the Construction of a Taxiway to connect the Old apron to the proposed Flying Training Organization (FTO). Read more about it: Tender called for Construction of Taxiway to the Flying Training Organization at Hubballi Airport.
- Redeveloped Janata Bazaar in the heart of Hubballi city is slated to be inaugurated on 10th December. The bazaar is located near the Kittur Rani Chennamma Circle. Read more about it: Redeveloped Janata Bazaar inaugurated.
- Google Street View, a feature by Google maps that allows one to get a visual representation of a street or any surroundings has finally made its way to Hubballi city. Read more about it: Google Street View is now available in Hubballi.
- South Western Railway (SWR) is removing the speed restrictions near Haveri to make way for the Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) between Dharwad and Bengaluru via Hubballi. Read more about it: Decks being cleared to run Vande Bharat Express between Dharwad and Bengaluru.
- South Western Railway (SWR) has decided to extend the services of Train Number 07355/07356 Hubballi Rameshwaram Hubballi express train till 26th March 2023. Read more about it: Hubballi Rameshwaram train extended till 26th March 2023.
- Hubballi Dharwad BRTS (HDBRTS) and North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) started BRTS feeder buses named ‘Chigari Samparka’ on December 17. Read more about it: HDBRTS Feeder buses ‘Chigari Samparka’ launched.
- Bhoomi pooja for the much awaited Dharwad Belagavi direct railway line is likely to be performed on January 12th, 2023 informed Dharwad MP Pralhad Joshi. Read more about it: Dharwad Belagavi Railway line Bhoomi pooja likely on Jan 12.
- Hubballi Airport has bagged 15th place among 56 Airports in Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSS). Hubballi Airport has secured a Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) of 4.79 making it the best airport in Karnataka. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport ranked 15th in the Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Central Water Commission has approved much awaited Kalasa Banduri water project. The commission has approved the DPR (Detailed Project Report) submitted by Karnataka. Read more about it: Center approves Kalasa Banduri Naala project.
- Central government has decided to conduct National Youth Festival at Hubballi Dharwad from Jan 12th to 16th. Read more about it: ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಜನವರಿ 12 ರಿಂದ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಯುವಜನೋತ್ಸವ.
- Hubballi registered a whopping increase of 25.79% as far as the number of passengers compared to October 2022. Read more about it: Hubballi Airport registers 25% increase in Number of passengers.