Hubballi Dharwad secures 21st rank in Muncipal Performance Index and 37th rank in Ease of Living Index

Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State, Housing and Urban Affairs announced the Final Rankings of Ease of Living Index (EoLI)-2020 and the Municipal Performance Index (MPI)-2020 in an online event today.

The rankings under the Ease of Living Index and  Municipal Performance Index were announced in 2 categories based on population viz Million Plus cities and Less than million cities. 111 cities had participated in the Assessment Exercise that was conducted in 2020.

Hubballi Dharwad secured 21st rank in Municipal Performance Index with a score of 48.14 and 37th rank in Ease of Living Index with a score of 51.39 in the Million Plus cities category.

Muncipal Performance Index MoHUA
Muncipal Performance Index
Ease of Living MoHUA
Ease of Living

Bengaluru, Pune, and Ahmedabad secured 1st,2nd, and 3rd place respectively in the Million Plus category whereas Shimla, Bhubaneshwar, and Silvassa secured 1st,2nd, and 3rd places respectively in the Less than Million category as far as Ease of Living Index is concerned.

Indore, Surat, and Bhopal secured 1st,2nd, and 3rd place respectively in the Million Plus category whereas New Delhi MC, Tirupati and Gandhinagar secured 1st,2nd, and 3rd places respectively in the Less than Million category as far as Municipal Performance Index is concerned.

What is Ease of Living Index (EoLI) and Municipal Performance Index (MPI)

  • Ease of Living Index (EoLI): The Ease of Living Index (EoLI) is an assessment tool that evaluates the Quality of Life and the impact of various initiatives for Urban Development.┬áCitizen Perception Survey holds a weightage of 30% and the outcomes that lead to existing living conditions through pillars of Quality of Life, Economic Ability, Sustainability, spanning across 13 categories constitutes the other 70% in the assessment.
  • Muncipal Performance Index (MPI): The Municipal Performance Index provides a granular understanding of a Municipalities’ functionalities and the extent of its Development and Capabilities. Through the index, Citizens can better understand their Local Government administration, which in turn builds Transparency and generates trust among key stakeholders.

Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) released a press statement to announce the rankings here.

Share this article!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!