The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education launched YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) scheme, an Author Mentorship program to train young and budding authors. The scheme aims to promote Reading, Writing, and Book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
The scheme will apply to young authors who are below 30 years of age. YUVA is a part of the India@75 Project, which aims to highlight Unsung Heroes, Freedom Fighters, Unknown and Forgotten Places and their role in National Movement, and other related themes in an innovative and creative manner.
The National Book Trust, India under the Ministry of Education as the Implementing Agency will ensure Phase-wise execution of the Scheme under well-defined stages of mentorship. The selected young authors will interact with some of the best authors of the world; participate in Literary festivals etc.
The books written under the scheme will be published by National Book Trust, India. The books will also be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of Culture and Literature, thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
Highlights of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors):
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/ from 1st June – 31st July 2021.
- The winners will be announced on 15 August 2021.
- The young authors will be trained by Eminent authors/Mentors.
- A consolidated scholarship of ₹50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
- The published books will be launched on 12 January 2022 on the occasion of National Youth Day (Yuva Diwas).